With over 1 billion Facebook members and growing, your business can’t afford to not utilize Facebook to market its brand. More people are following brands on social media sites than ever before, which means that your small business marketing strategy should at the very least include a well-designed and maintained business Facebook page.
While nearly 90 percent of companies currently have a Facebook page, many just use this social media site in a very traditional “push marketing” way and miss out on the potential to reach more prospective customers. Outlined below are several tips to successfully use Facebook to market your business courtesy of Social Media Today:
- Determine your consumer persona. How does your target audience use Facebook? Do they visit the social networking site to research and gain information or would they prefer to engage in conversation? This critical information can significantly impact your Facebook marketing strategy.
- Strategically design your Facebook profile. Include keywords that not only describe your business, but would also be words that your consumers would type into a search engine.
- Create a “places” page. This will allow your customers to virtually check-in when they visit your place of business, essentially sharing with their own social networks that they like and support your brand. Since people tend to trust the judgement and recommendations from their peers on social media, this is a great tool for expanding your reach on Facebook.
- Use a content calendar to manage your Facebook page. Make yourself aware of the best days to share content on Facebook. Knowing when your customers are most likely to be active on Facebook can allow you to make the most of your small business marketing efforts online.
- Promote your Facebook page and posts. Include a link to your business’s Facebook page in your email signature and add buttons to easily link to your page on your company’s website, blog, or other social media network.
The formula for mastering small business marketing via Facebook can range greatly depending on the company and industry. The point is that you need to give attention to your business’s Facebook page as it can be one of your most beneficial marketing tools.
Are you currently satisfied with the results you are getting from your business’s Facebook page?
(Image via Facebook)