In this age of new media, social media networks provide great tools for communicating with your customers, clients, fans and followers. Below are a few tips for using social media when launching your next new product:
1. In the days before your product launch generate buzz about your new product on your social networking sites. Create status updates in Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn letting your fans and followers know that something new is on the way. Create engagement by taking a photo of a part of the new product and post on Pinterest, Facebook or Instagram and invite your followers to guess what it is.
2. Announce your new product on your social networks to allow your followers to be the first to get the details. These are your loyal followers and they deserve a reward for their loyalty! Depending on your product, you may wish to create a new Facebook Page or Twitter account for the product. If so, invite your current fans and followers to your new profiles.
3. Create a video featuring your new product and post on YouTube. Be sure to share links to your various social networks.
4. Create a Twitter hashtag for your product and generate conversation about your product. Ask for opinions, people love to give their opinions, and then use that feedback to improve your product and customer experience.
5. Create Facebook Ads for your product to help drive traffic and create awareness among those who are not yet your followers.
6. Don’t forget your email database! Be sure to send an email blast linking to your social networks for more information. Encourage them to share the news of your new product.
7. Run contests giving away your new product or contests aimed at improving engagement, such as photo or video contests. Be sure to market those campaigns across your social networks.
8. And last, but certainly not least, be sure to utilize your blog! Content and traffic on social networking sites is great, but even better is to give those viewers somewhere to learn more about your product, your industry, your expertise and your company.
Have you utilized social media to launch a product? What works for you?