In the world of Social Media Marketing (SMM), acronyms are so easily thrown around as if everyone knew their meanings, and sometimes it seems as though new acronyms are introduced daily. For the small business owner that is focused on running his business, not having a clear understanding of the most common social media marketing [...]
Blog: Posts Tagged ‘search engine marketing’
Big business spends a fortune ensuring they return on Page 1 of Google for the most popular and common searches. However, they often leave the rest of the search marketplace (more descriptive phrases) up for grabs. How can small businesses execute to find themselves on Page 1 of these search queries? Long-tail search optimization has [...]
In the second installment of this series, DigitalSherpa Content Marketing Director Chris Vaughn digs deeper in to contrasting content marketing versus SEM and traditional advertising strategies, and explains how content marketing will help you get found on the Web.
Recent surveys of local merchants report that around 70% of small businesses are participating in social media, but it’s a safe bet that the remaining 30% are feeling the competitive pressure to join in. The stats on online usage patterns in general, showing social networking as the top online activity and findings that 97% of [...]